Any building product that combines high style with low maintenance is sure to be a hit with savvy homeowners. Add increased energy efficiency and improved green building value into the mix, and it’s no wonder vinyl siding is increasingly the popular choice for home exteriors.
Made with from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic resin, vinyl siding has come a long way over the past 30 years. With a wide range of colour and design options to choose from, there’s a siding product to suit almost any style. Improved durability and resistance to ultraviolet damage ensures the cladding will look great for years to come. On the inside, insulating foam added during the manufacturing process gives increases the home’s R-value.
Still not convinced? How about this… just to make sure homeowners could feel confident in choosing vinyl siding, in 2002 the Vinyl Siding Institute (VSI) created a third-party certification program to ensure product manufacturers meet, or exceed, the international quality standard.
What could be better than that?
And let’s not forget the low maintenance feature. Unlike wood, vinyl siding gives you the gift of more time. No unsightly peeling paint. No more scraping and painting on those lovely summer days when you’d rather be doing something else…anything else. Just a quick annual wash and you’re good to go.
Here are some of the benefits of vinyl siding:
- quick installation; professional installers can get the job done quickly and economically
- low maintenance; no need to paint every 2 to 3 years
- increase home’s energy efficiency rating
- good green choice (made using post-consumer and recycled content and siding can be recycled when taken down)
- great aesthetic value; wide range of colour and design options
- more economical than other siding options, such as wood
- longevity; most siding manufacturers warrant their products for 30 years or more